July 22 @ 3:47 pm
Neighbors of the Onondaga Nation (NOON) is a grassroots effort of Central New Yorkers. We support the sovereignty of the Onondaga Nation’s traditional government, their Land Rights Action and we collaborate with them on environmental protection and restoration. We join in the Onondaga Nation’s call for justice, reconciliation and healing. We believe that we, and the wider community, have a great deal to learn from the Onondagas about living more peacefully with one another and more harmoniously with the Earth. NOON is a project of the Syracuse Peace Council.
The goals of NOON are to:
- Promote understanding of, and respect for, the Onondaga people, history, and culture within the Central New York community.
- Provide accurate information about the Onondaga Nation’s current issues of concern, such as their Land Rights Action.
- Challenge racism towards the Onondaga people through education, building relationships, and encouraging shared experiences between the people of our Nations.
- Support, and collaborate with, the Onondaga Nation in their initiatives to promote environmental healing and restore respectful relationships between the governments of our Nations.
- Advocate for just and fair treatment of the Onondaga people at all levels of our own government.
For more information about our many campaigns, please check out our main website.